Economic Recovery in the Gaza Strip: Promoting Choice, Resilience, and Dignity.
Funded by: Danish government development agency DANIDA
Oxfam Great Britain is leading on the implementation of a 3-year project funded by the DANIDA, titled Economic recovery in the Gaza Strip: promoting choice, resilience and dignity. This project is focusing on developing the market systems for the dairy, fresh vegetable and ICT sectors in order to contribute to economic recovery and socio-economic empowerment of youth, small scale producers, processors and ICT businesses in the Gaza Strip.
SEC’s mandate is to promote the development of a conducive environment for micro, small and medium enterprises within Palestine and through this mandate it has successfully implemented a number of projects in Gaza addressing this sector. SEC will contribute to activities in the project through providing training and support to target beneficiaries through workshops and more targeted individual support as well as supporting activities related to marketing.
- To contribute to economic recovery and socio-economic empowerment of youth, small scale producers, processors and ICT businesses in the agriculture, dairy and ICT sectors in the Gaza Strip.
- To improve the capacities of youth, small-scale producers, processors and ICT businesses and support their access to affordable business services, fairer business opportunities and reliable markets
- To promote a policy, regulatory and business environment that contributes to local economic development and will improve opportunities for youth, small-scale producers, processors and ICT businesses to participate in the formal economy
- Palestinian Trade Centre (PalTrade)
- Palestinian Information, Communication & Technology Incubators (PICTI)
- University College of Applied Sciences (UCAS)
- Union of Agricultural Work Committees (UAWC)
- Oxfam Italia