The Small Enterprise Center (SEC) Association is a Palestinian nonprofit organization provides an integrated package of innovative business development services consisting of, but not limited to, institutional capability building and strengthening initiatives, human resource training and development, SME banking, grant management, research and development, and lending and micro-finance advisory services. SEC started as a project within the framework of former GIZ Private Sector Development Project in 2002. In 2008, SEC has become an independent not-for-profit organization governed by Palestinian NGO law with a board of directors and a general assembly. SEC began with an office in Ramallah with six staff members, and has grown to the leading national organization serving the SMEs and the private sector in Palestine. In 2015, SEC has 28 permanent qualified staff with combined extensive experience in economic and business development. The organization has branches covering all Palestinian – governorates.
Position: Accounting & finance officer .
Work location: Ramallah
Type of Contract: Full time
Period : 1 year with the possibility of extension
Starting Date: As soon as possible .
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare Journal entries and record all transactions in the accounting system - – Bisan.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system – Bisan
- Keeps the accounting files up-to –date at all times.
- Preparation of banking transactions, including preparing bank transfer requests and checks for the approval of general manager and submitting them to the bank.
- Prepare monthly payroll sheet and related income tax deductions.
- Monitor expenditure of petty cash and ensure records on file are up-to-date.
- Review purchase orders and requests for payments.
- Ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers.
- Continuously improve systems & procedures to enhance internal controls to satisfy audit requirements .
- Check budget lines to ensure that all transactions are correctly booked to the correct budget Line .
- preparing project financial reports for the donor and ensure the compliance with the agreement .
- Review institution’s expenditures documents and ensure departments compliance with the set budget.
- Interact with internal and external auditors and donor representatives and provide information and access to accounting records as required.
- Assist with preparing budgets as well as preparing requirements for External Auditors .
- Ensure operation of procurement system according to SEC rules and regulations as well partner rules regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in NGO accounting.
- knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Experience in using the accounting system (Bisan).
- Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic
- Ability to prepare financial plans and financial analysis
- Knowledge about the Palestinian Tax law
- Ability to communicate with Donors
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Developing and Empowering People / Coaching and Mentoring: Initiative taking; coaching and mentoring ability.
- Working in Teams: Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
- Communicating Information and Ideas: Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Self - management and Emotional intelligence: Creating synergies through self control
- Conflict Management / Negotiating and Resolving Disagreements: Managing conflict.
- Knowledge Sharing / Continuous Learning: Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of other.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit cover letter and CV to following e-mail address :
please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email, no later than 10 January 2016 . Top of FormBottom of Form
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Top of FormBottom of Form
Top of Form