UCAS Business Plans Development
Funded by: UNDP
UNDP is aiming at improving life perspectives of Palestinian in the Gaza Strip, through supporting the University College of Applied Sciences (UCAS) to develop and implement business plans. These businesses will serve as an opportunity for the students to partner or to get on the job training, and it will generate income for UCAS as well. The project main objectives are to enhance competencies of UCAS to develop business plans and facilitate developing four full business plans for four different ideas. The plans are developed in cooperation with main four departments; Electronics Technology, Speech Therapy and Speech Problems, Automotive Electronics Engineering and Physiotherapy.
Target Region: Gaza Strip
- Enhance competencies of UCAS to develop business plans for students.
- Facilitate developing four full business plans for four different ideas to finally select three of them to be implemented.
Beneficiaries: each business will provide job opportunities for five employees; to come up with a total of 15 direct beneficiaries.
- Recruitment of Applicants
- Skills and Business Plan Development Training
- Identification of candidates who are qualified to receive funding under the program, and coaching the development of designing final business plans
- Procurement and Business Establishment
- Coaching the established businesses