Young start-up Enterperneurs
Funded by:UNDP (2012-2013)
This project focuses on promoting entrepreneurial spirit among youth and facilitating the creation of micro, small, youth owned enterprises in all sectors in the Gaza Strip. The project aims at improving deprived families and youth conditions in the Gaza Strip through delivering quality business services by professional trainers to fully meet their needs, and, strengthening their capacities in establishing their businesses in all sectors as well.
Target Region: Gaza Strip
Time Frame: 1st April, 2012 – 30th April, 2013 (13 months).
- Enhance competencies of participating entrepreneurs in developing business plans
- Support the targeted participants shaping business ideas, and start and run their businesses.
Beneficiaries : The project is targeting the graduated entrepreneurs youth; (100) young graduates are trained using CEFE training approach to finally select (69) young graduates who are granted fund to establish their own sustainable and successful start-up businesses.
- Recruitment of Applicants: through implementing workshops at Universities and NGOs. SEC received around 1422 applications via e-mail or by hand.
- Skills and Business Plan Development Training (4 training groups, 12 days for each
- Identification of candidates that qualify to receive funding under the program, and coaching the development of final business plans.
- Procurement and Business Establishment
- Coaching the established businesses